Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Its not me, its you.

While it may seem like a stretch, the year is near done passing.

Wow.

I have a few (eight) weeks left of classes then I take off for Peru to celebrate the Holidays the way I do now as a lone human in the world. With strangers and surf boards.

Between now and then there will be high levels of stress.

Days where I look in the mirror and try to forget I've just risked everything I have for the sake of another degree. Then mercilessly bury myself in an outline.

However, for purposes of self-improvement, and excitement over ending my first year of consistent blogging, I propose you tell me.

More than likely you are my friend, some people read this.

What was your favorite post(s) of 2009? What should I never do again?

Looking forward I will probably be branching into two pages, one for just short fiction and another for hindsight.

One critical thing I have not posted this year is a piece for my sisters. I have one for each brother, a couple involving my parents and loads with friends. I have learned I cannot write a piece about my sisters that doesn't end with me sniffling and tearing up. My goal for 2010 is to write for Shannon and Katie... its that hard that it has to be a New Year's resolution.

I'd appreciate it if you have the time to share your thoughts. Email me directly or comment with reckless abandon. If you and I have walked parts of this Earth together and you would like me to write something for you - ask! (It doesn't have to be a blog post).

xoxox
A chuisle mo chroi
mexh



1 comment:

  1. Mary, you are such an amazing writer. I love reading your posts and stories. I don't think we were super close in high school, but I always thought you were an amazing person : ) I would be honored if you would be willing to right something for me? I don't know about what in particular, but just know that you inspire me. I have been having a rough time at work lately, and running is sometimes the only thing that keeps me from just waking out. But when I am really just not into it, but I know I need to be; I think of you.

    ReplyDelete